Thursday, December 9

Vegetable Cheese Soup

*thanks for visiting from Kelly's Korner! This is a meal I made back in the winter...it's super easy and yummy! If you are new, please click the 'home' button and then follow if you'd like! :)

So about 2 weeks ago I made a super simple, and my first, crock-pot meal.

I got the crock-pot as a shower gift and received a few cookbooks, but I hadn't tried it for a meal yet. I was basically too nervous about leaving it on all day!

But, I did it, and it was SO good! Even our friends Jordan and Nick {the Newlywed's!} got to come over and eat with us! Good thing they dropped off their presents on a night I made lots!

Vegetable Cheese Soup
Makes 5 servings, Prep-Time 15 minutes, Cook Time below

What you need:
2 cups cream-style corn
1 cup peeled and chopped potatoes
1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
2 14 1/2 oz. cans vegetable or chicken broth {I used the organic vegetable soup b/c it was on sale}
16 oz. processed cheese {Velveeta}

How to make:
Combine all ingredients except cheese in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours or on High 4-5 hours
Thirty-60 minutes before serving, stir in the cheese. Then cook on High for 30-60 minutes to melt and blend the cheese.
It was so good and so easy! I also served with deli-style pimento cheese on cut-outs of leaf whole-wheat bread. YUM! And yes, I definitely cookie-cutted {I know that's not a word;)} the bread so it would look like I worked harder than I did on dinner for my husband. HA!
*So for the sweet little email I received about not posting recipes as of late, I hope this one is good for you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodnesss!!! This sounds soooo good! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing...
    -april

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...