Tuesday, January 11

Mexican Chicken Casserole

Here's a new yummy recipe to try! Today is my first time making it.  This recipe comes from my MIL who fixed it for us over our Christmas Break trip!  I'm taking dinner over to my sister, Kelli, and her new little family of 4.  Bringing food is hard to do for them as she lives on cheeseburgers, pizza, and fries! :) So...here's hoping she'll eat this yummy dish! :)

Mexican Chicken Casserole {makes a large casserole}*

What you need:
4-5 chicken breast, cooked and diced *
jalepeno peppers, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 pkg. Doritos
What you do:
Crush approx. 1/2-3/4 bag of Doritos in a ziplock bag and set aside.  Mix chicken soup with 1/2 can water.  Layer crushed Doritos, chicken, peppers, and chicken soup. On top of this, spread the can of cheddar cheese soup. Sprinkle with a few of the crushed Doritos.
Bake at 325 degrees  until bubbly (15-20 minutes)
*I only used 2 chicken breasts and it was enough with left-overs from 3 adults eating. I also added Frank's Red Hot Sauce to the top and shredded cheddar cheese on top before baking!
AND it was actually a hit for Kelli and Eric! WOW! haha! Of course, I only put the jalepenos on half of the casserole because I knew they wouldn't eat that part! Colby cracked up we were eating a meal with 'chips' in the chicken! :)
Doesn't this kind of remind you of B's favorite meal - Dorito Chip Chicken?! :)
Also...look at what my cute Cricut did!
LoopDee font, pink vinyl
Lovin' my pantry a little too much to keep spending time on it! ha!
Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. ah! I saw that in her pantry!!! looks like we are both in love with that site now :) I am so jealous of your circut! you make so many cute things with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...